We all experienced a tooth filling that has broken off, or even a tooth that fell out, because you bite on something really hard, and you need to find the best dentist in Boca Raton to repair the tooth. But, what really do you need to do, when this happens to you or to someone in your family. Here is what you should do when a tooth filling breaks off or a tooth falls out.
The reasons why a tooth filling can break off or a tooth falling out
There’s many reasons on why a tooth filling can break off, or even worse, a tooth falling out. Some of the most common reasons why a tooth can fall out, or a filling breaks off where you need to go to the best dentist in Boca Raton are:
- You have bitten down on something really hard.
- When you’re being hit on your face or mouth very hard.
- You even might have cavities that are weakening your tooth.
- You have fallen hard on your face
There are other ways that you can lose a tooth or a filling, but these are the most common reasons why a person might have this problem.
What to do when you’re having a broken tooth or filling falling out
When this happens to you, you know that you need to go to the best dentist in Boca Raton as soon as possible, but what do you need to do before you can go to the dentist. Here’s some of the things that you should remember to do, when you’re having a cracked, or broken tooth. FInd out more information here.
- The first thing that you should do is to rinse your mouth with warm water, especially if there’s bleeding.
- Apply pressure until the bleeding stops. If you’re struggling to get the bleeding to stop, you need to put a teabag on the area and then apply pressure. This will stop the bleeding in most cases.
- If there’s any swelling or pain, you can put an icepack on your face at the area where the tooth is. This will reduce the pain and swelling.
- You can also take some pain medication before you’re going to your dentist. It is important to make sure that you’re going to the dentist as soon as possible. This is in most cases the only way that you’re going to get relief from the tooth ache because of the broken or cracked tooth.
Encounter a cracked tooth, a filling that has fallen out, or even a broken tooth, you will need to go to the dentist as soon as possible. But, sometimes you will not be able to go to the dentist immediately, and then you need to know what to do, to reduce the pain, swelling and to stop any bleeding. Don’t think that when the pain has stopped that you don’t need to go to the best dentist in Boca Raton, because you don’t have any problems anymore; it will just get worse.